Sunday, March 04, 2007

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.


A few days ago I was driving down the highway with Megan and Tim in the back of the van. Megan was discussing her activities - piano and swimming. We asked Tim if he wanted to play an instrument. Yes. Violin. Some days it is the piano, but this particular day it was the violin. Then I asked him if he had a sport that he likes best. I suggested swimming, baseball, soccer, football, tennis and basketball.
Then Tim said something about his Tyrone hat. Tyrone is an animated moose from The Backyardigans. He wore a cowboy hat in the Riding the Range episode. We have a cowboy hat. Tim calls it his Tyrone hat and has been inseparable from it this past week.
So Megan, staying on topic, suggests riding horses as a sport that Tim might enjoy. Like a cowboy. She goes on to explain how much she loves riding horses.
Wondering when and where she has ever ridden a horse, other than the carousel at the mall, I inquire. "I rode one at Isabel's house. Drew and Ellen rode in the back on the the way there. (Referring to the back of the station wagon.) It was so cool. I never had that much fun!"
Now, I'm confused. First, this visit to Isabel's house was almost 2 years ago. Second, she was correct that Drew and Ellen were with her. So why don't I recall any of them mentioning the horseback riding? Third, I don't think that either of my girls would have ridden a tethered pony at the fair 2 years ago.
Finally, the others are home from school and I can find out about this riding experience. Have you ever ridden a horse? No. Not even with Isabel? No. Are you sure. Yeah. I think I'd remember that! Did Megan? No.
The funny thing is, aside from My Little Pony, Megan hates horses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home