Sunday, February 11, 2007

My Vacuum Cleaner Sucks


I don't remember when we bought our vacuum cleaner. I'd guess that it was about the time we bought our first house. That would make it 12-13 years ago. I don't know whether we bought a good one or not. We probably thought it was good for our price range.
Well, about 10 days ago I was cleaning the dirt from the floors and bumped into the base of a cabinet, as usual. Only this time, a little plastic prong snapped. It turns out that it was important. It attached the main part that houses the bag to the handle. Without it, the bag section flops around, causing the bag to disconnect. This means that the vacuum still sucks up debris but spews it out the top and back into the room. Bad. Very dusty.
So, I researched vacuums. I mentioned before that I miss my old library system. So much that I still use it. I can still use my faithful card and log in and access Consumer Reports. They said that the vacuum in the picture was the way to go. So that is the way I went. No, I didn't try super glue. But I did try a rubber band.
Wow, vacuums have come a long way. This one has a digital readout that tells you when the rug is clean. Duh, you need that? Don't you have eyes? Yes, I need that. I've been cursing the cheap rugs that were showing wear after 6 months. Guess what? When the vacuum says they are clean they look and feel new. Yes, it took a long time to remove a year and a half of dirt. It has inteli-clean. Sounds like a scam that you don't need to pay for but I love it! The more dirt it detects, the more suction it gives. I like the inteli-clean for the kids, too. All I have to do it test a section to know whether they did a good job or not. If it senses dirt, it tells me. I can change to a non-beater mode for wood floors. And it is much quieter that my old one. It's still a vacuum though, good for drowning out the kids when you need it. They got some smart mom feedback when designing this product!
And, it was on sale. A good sale.
So, come on over! My floors are ready for visitors. You might want to bring your own dust rag, though. Oh, and sorry about the title. Drew and Andy just don't get tired of that little joke.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home