Friday, February 09, 2007

Peace at Last

The search is over. Megan is going to be a Trinity Tiger next year. I had my list of questions and most of their answers were correct. Correct for me, that is. The classes are about the same size as our public schools but this kindergarten has a full time aide. They teach phonics. Speech services are available on-site. Students read historical fiction in English that correlates to their history lessons, beginning in Kindergarten. They have separate grammar instruction where they diagram sentences! They provide math acceleration. And, I like their logo.

Megan liked it because they have choir beginning in kindergarten. They also sponsor scout troops, from kindergarten on up. They have two playgrounds which they use every day, as long as it isn't raining and it is above 0*.

So, now I'm looking into becoming a Lutheran. Members pay 1/3 the price of non-members. Even if I opt out of that, there is enough value added to justify the non-member rate. Schools just don't cost very much around here.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I looked up Trinity. Their principal is Mr. Rodgers! Don't you love it. Hope he's as good at his job as Fred Rodgers was at his.
??I'm not sure of the correct spelling for the TV Mr. R. Anyway, it's a cute coincidence.

Sun Feb 11, 02:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home