Thursday, February 15, 2007

Some Kids Are Just More Entertaining Than Others


I like my bed made. There is nothing better than clean sheet day when the covers are just right. And on non-laundry day, every attempt should be made to return the bed to a fresh status. So, each morning I make the bed so I feel good about going to sleep that evening.

My children also like to get into a freshly made bed. So, today as I emerged from the shower, I found Tim. He empties a laundry basket then turns it upside down to create a stool. Then he climbs up.

Me: Hi, Tim. You're in my bed.
Tim: Yes, I'm tying to seep.
Me: You like it in there?
Tim: Yes, it's wozy.
Tim is 2. So, if he can't see you, then you must not he there. He loves hiding in the pantry. We're not sure why. He can't reach the food that he likes. He does, however, like to rearrange the spices.

Here you see him playing peek-a-boo in the pantry. Notice the Mickey Mouse in one hand and the remote control in the other. He thinks that the remote is Toodles, Mickey's helper. He spends so much time in the closet that we think it may contain a secret portal to the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. We're hopeful that our insurance will cover therapy down the road when he is sure that we locked him in there.



All my kids liked glasses when they were 2. And all my kids wore them upside down. We actually think that Tim may eventually wear glasses because he looks so natural in Drew's glasses. Most usually opted for sunglasses. But we've never known a child to borrow from Mr. Potato Head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home