Tuesday, February 13, 2007

From Sky To Mountaintop


From mountaintop to ground. It's still snowing. It's been precipitating for 25 hours now. This picture is the girls around 2PM this afternoon. That is a natural pile they are standing behind. But a drift. Do you see the grass in the middle of the yard? Very windy.

They are predicting that this will continue until about midnight. So guess what? They are all home again tomorrow! I really don't mind having them here but the girls are pouting because it's Valentine's Day and that means parties. I'm running Ellen's but I may be just sending supplies. Andy was going to stay with the littles. He can't just keep changing his schedule. And in the mean time, I don't know if or when they will reschedule and those cupcakes won't keep indefinitely. I've been fighting off the vultures all day.


I read that at 2PM Springfield had 9.9 inches of snow - the eighth highest snowfall total ever. The record: 15" in 1900. Today is the first day that I wished we still had a snow blower.


This is our UNSHOVELED walk at 2PM. That's how windy it is. It is all in a 4 foot pile on the side of the house.

The road crews were out this morning. I saw them plow us around 8AM. That was the last I saw of them until 10 minutes ago. It's like they just gave up and shut down the city. Even though it's still coming down and looks as hard as it has all day, they are saying only about another inch. But the radar has looked like that all afternoon. Perhaps it is a good omen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home