Friday, September 01, 2006

Week 2

I chose to sit tight and patiently wait for meet the staff night before taking further action with third grade.

Things are looking brighter than last week.
1. No tears.
2. Possession of a reading text book.
3. New desks and bookcases are on order, so the loaners may be returned.

A few items became clear when I finally met the teacher.
1. Third grade education is in my hands.
2. The teacher would accept my help all day every day.
3. She found out about the job 15 hours before we knew about her.

Insightful comments from the third grader:
1. What do you want to be when you grow up? Accelerated math teacher
2. What do you hope to learn this year? Sentence diagramming
3. What do you like best about third grade? "I can't do it. I don't like anything." (Much coaxing was required from me for this written response . She eventually wrote about her specials, lunch, and recess. We had to discuss the art of telling them what they want to hear and that the question did not say the answer had to be factual.)

Important word to remember when communicating with teachers: Differentiation

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home