Wednesday, July 26, 2006

I recently installed a site meter on my blog. This means that I can see who is visiting. Don't worry, there is no personal information. But I have noticed that my devoted readers have been popping in to see if I've anything to report. Not really, but here's something to read.

None preaches better than the ant, and she says nothing . . . Search others for their virtues, thy self for thy vices . . . Diligence is the mother of good luck.

Some quotes from Benjamin Franklin. I've been reading his biography by Walter Isaacson.

My children complain that they have no socks. So, a few weeks ago I bought them all a new package of at least 4 pair. Still the complaining continues. Then it dawns on me that this is
in no way my fault. I wash all the laundry at least twice each week. But here is the problem. The dear children drop their footwear all over the house and they never make it to the basket. This is the pile of 21 socks that I recently picked up in a trail from the TV through the kitchen and to the basement computer. Incidentally, I ALWAYS find an odd number, causing me to wonder if one of them has maybe sprouted a hidden foot. I'm seeing the wisdom of a friend who took away ALL the socks from her 4 children one summer for this very reason.

I'm almost always amused by Tim. Here are some of his recent entertainments.



A pileup in the Fisher-Price garage. It includes the Little People cars, Matchbox cars and Brio trains.




This is a snack. EVERY time I give him Graham crackers with peanut butter on them, he flips them over and sticks them to the tray. Sometimes he needs to remove fruit in order to accomplish this to his liking. It's more annoying that amusing, since it involves scrubbing.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

Thu Aug 10, 09:13:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

Tue Aug 15, 07:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home