Saturday, August 12, 2006

The City Museum

This weekend we experienced a different kind of museum. This is it. It is definitely hands on. And feet and knees and butts and anything else you can think of. It's not quite a children's museum. The exhibits aren't really interactive and I didn't notice any explanation plaques. It's best described as an enormous McDonald's-like playland for all ages. There were caves and tunnels and secret passages everywhere. There was even a slide from the third floor to the ground level. The kids loved the skateless park - old skateboard ramps without any skateboards. But outside... Wow. You would have had to drag me out of there when I was a kid. I took the big two exploring in the recycled labyrinth some 4 stories up. We scaled our way across tunnels made of fencing and could easily see the trees beneath us. I wish that I had a picture of the outside stuff. Check their website. Many parts were too old for the 2 and 5 year olds. But I think some adults were having more fun than their children.


The giant outdoor ball pit. Kickballs.








Drew & Ellen in an airplane. Part of the outside climbing.








Megan and Tim at the skate park.








Oh yeah, there was an aquarium with a stingray touch tank.








If you look closely, you can see all 4 kids aboard the train.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home