Friday, September 01, 2006

Trains

So we're on our way to collect the children from school and running a few minutes late. Imagine my frustration when I am less than a mile from home and I encounter a LONG train crossing my path. I assess the possibilities and decide to wait. We sing a song to ward off the anger. (Sung to Grieg's Peer Gynt Suite No 1 Morning Mood)

Train, go faster.
Yes, train, go faster.
Yes, please, go faster
So we won't be late.

We finally get on our way and we are about a mile from the elementary school when what to my wondering eyes should appear out the driver's window, but the train. I now realize that the same train is about to cross our path again, before we reach the school. I respond with a "Doh," a la Homer J. Simpson, to which the 5 year old behind me replies:

Do, dare, dedi, datum
I give, to give, I gave, given

She is not being taught Latin, but apparently the chant CD which accompanies us in the van is sinking in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home