Monday, September 18, 2006

Pretty Soon I'll be a Hermit

I guess I've always been annoyed rather easily. But to counter that, I'm determined and resourceful. Still, I find myself intentionally avoiding many things. With each passing day, the number of items on my personal banned list increases. In case you want to partake in my boycotts, I'll let you know what they are and why I hate them.

1. Walmart. Does this really need an explanation? Inferior products with horrible customer service. I'd really rather have a self-service establishment than 30 employees blocking my path while shouting cheers like a bunch of preteen girls. Every time I went there, I ended up in a rage. I've been there once in the last year and it was sheer desperation.

2. Home Depot. Specifically, homedepot.com. But once I'm offended, I don't even want an apology. I'm simply moving on. Again, lack of customer service. The straw that broke the camel's back was when they stole $204 from me. I returned a product in May and after 4 months, 4 phone calls, and 90 minutes of holding, I finally filed a complaint with the Attorney General this morning. I still want my money, but I feel better. And, I'll never shop there again.

3. E*Trade. Customer service. (Do you see a pattern here?) Yes, I know that their rates reflect a lack of customer service. To make a long story short, I can't get my money without weeks of conversation with some moron who barely speaks English and their computer system sucks.

So, I'm thinking of moving to a commune and never interacting with the outside world again. I'll grow my own food, sew my own clothes and keep my money under my homemade mattress. If you don't hear from me, one of 2 things happened. Either I did go to the commune or the Telecomm world has crossed the line. They are always teetering on the edge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home