Friday, March 09, 2007

Story Time

This boy is two. And he is full of energy. But today he did it. He made it through story time at the library. Not once did he take off to be chased. Not once did her yell. And only once did I need to tell him to be quiet. Don't take this to mean that he sat still and listened. But he wasn't loud and disruptive and this is huge progress.

However, while squirming on my lap and playing with his carpet square, he tried to quietly kill me twice. The first time he plopped down on my lap and in the process pinched my leg so hard that I almost screamed. This was minor compared with the headbutt. He gave the illusion of sitting on my lap then jerked his head back and caught me under the chin so hard that my teeth clicked together and made some other woman yelp. (She was mistakenly concerned for the kid.) Now I must endure a tongue that is bruised and swollen on both side.
But, Tim was quiet for 15 minutes. A new record.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home