Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Tuesday Treasures




I love my freezer. I know. You think I could come up with something better. It's only the second entry of Tuesday Treasures. But that's how much I love it. It's looking a bit sparse now but it makes my life easier every day.








We eat a lot. I thought that this peanut butter would last for 5 months. What was I thinking? 10 weeks. 43.2 ounces per week. And one of my kids won't touch it. We don't do crazy things like make peanut butter cookies more than once every 3 months. The vast majority goes to sandwiches, apples, and Graham crackers with banana.

Back to my beloved freezer. It helps me save money. We eat 20 loaves of bread per month. So the first Tuesday of every month while the kids are at piano lessons, I head to the bread outlet. For $20, I return and fill up the freezer with whole wheat. We bake a lot, so when flour is 69 cents for 5 pounds, 10 bags go in the freezer. 99 cent juice, to the freezer. Ice cream, freezer. We don't freeze peanut butter. I just had a picture.

My freezer allows me to double a recipe on nights that I cook and save the leftovers for those activity filled days when we barely stop in to eat. Did you know that you can put a meal in the oven at 3 PM, frozen solid, and have it piping hot by 6 and it tastes like you worked hard all day? So, my freezer helps me maintain the little sanity that remains.

If you don't have a freezer, I highly recommend the investment. Then you too can have company for dinner without cooking a thing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home