Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Tuesday Treasures

Welcome to the first installment of Tuesday Treasures. Blogging is such a great forum for complaining. But, I think that it is time that I share the blessings in my life. I'll shoot for every Tuesday and see how it goes.

I love our piano teacher. She is great with the kids. A retired classroom teacher, she truly listens to them and appeals to their interests. She learned that Ellen likes pirates. Before I knew it, she presented a new level appropriate music book that only contains pirate songs. It has pirate lyrics and the pieces sound like pirates. This accompanies the regular instructional series that she teaches and really helps hold the interest of the student.

When recitals and festival roll around, she lets the students choose from a few pieces that she has selected. In our house, the options have always reflected the tastes and personalities of the student. She even hosts 4 different mini Christmas parties where the kids play a holiday piece and music related games topped off by homemade cookies and punch.

All this at a reasonable rate! I hope that she never retires.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home