Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Today was Tim's first experience helping to make chocolate chip cookies. Accustomed to studying Megan, he pushed a chair over to the counter with confidence. He had a limited role. His job was to hold on to the bag of chips and then add them to the batter. He watched me open the bag with some concern. After all, I might steal his job. I so wish that I had the video camera rolling for the next part. I helped him pour the bag so that the contents landed in the bowl. While I spent the next .03 seconds reaching for the wooden spoon, he stretched to his tip toes and snatched a chip from the bowl with his little fingers in one swift motion.

He was a bit disappointed that he had to wait for the cookies to cool.

But finally, the moment he had been waiting for.

The cookies seem to make up for the horrendous haircut that I gave him this morning. And incidentally, doesn't he look like Andy with his shorter hair? I think it's the ears.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home