Sunday, April 16, 2006

Meteorology 101

I think I figured out the weather around here. I can now predict when we should be on alert. Whenever we have tornado watches, that's when conditions are right but not immediately threatening, the winds are always out of the east. At the same time, the thunderstorms are approaching from the west. Notice our neighbor's flags.


OK, that's a lot harder to see here than on my photo software. But, the lighter colored brick house on the left has flags blowing to the left. I didn't acquire this new-found knowledge until after our danger passed. I'll try to remember to take a better before picture next time.

Anyway, that makes sense. If the storms are moving to the east and the winds are coming from the east you can imagine how circular funnel clouds could develop.

Once the threat has diminished, the winds are out of the west. Here's a better picture of the same house with flags.


In Easter news, here's what has been happening. Aside from storms.

Megan is possessed by candy. Can you see the red eyes?

Easter grass on the floor. I HATE Easter grass. It gets everywhere. And you keep finding it until Memorial Day.

This is the girls' idea of cleaning the family room. Just throw it on the stair to the basement. No, they weren't drinking beer. Megan packed the box with her blanket and stuffed animals. I'm very thankful I saw that since it made locating the missing blanket much easier last night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home