Saturday, July 21, 2007

Megan's New Skirt

Megan has a knack for staining clothes the first time that she wears them. She puts holes in the knees of her pants like a boy. Lots of her clothes just don't fit her right. She doesn't like to brush her hair or keep it out of her face. She always looks frumpy.

2/3 of Megan's friends came to her birthday party wearing tiered ruffle skirts. She wanted one, too. So, I cut off some pants that were stained and had a hole in the knee. I rummaged through my mounds of fabric. I chopped some up and sewed it back together and made her a skirt.

I think I made a mistake by trying to salvage the pockets. The old pants part on top just looks too long. But she likes it. I offered to take off the ruffles and make two new layers for the top and give it an elastic waist. No. She likes it like this. I think it is all about instant gratification. She still looks frumpy. But at least I won't care it she gets it filthy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home