Saturday, May 19, 2007

Turkey Treats

Turkey Treats. Delicious. If you don't mind pacing off an extra mile or two for the rest of the week to ward off the impending heart attack. And really quite simple.

2 slices rye bread
2 slices American cheese
4 slices deli turkey
2 strips cooked bacon
2Tbsp Russian dressing

It's essentially a grilled turkey and cheese with bacon and dressing. However, don't get fooled into thinking that this is a quick meal. Here's what you do.

1. Cook bacon until crisp. Let excess grease drain on a paper towel.
2. Preheat turkey in a frying pan. Don't cook it. Just get it warm. If you skip this, you will have a sandwich that is cold in the middle or burned on the outside. But then, maybe you are a better cook than I.
3. Spread dressing on both pieces of bread. Next, add cheese to both slices. Stack turkey and bacon on one side. Now, stick it all together so it looks like a sandwich.
4. Melt a good hunk of butter in your pan and toast your sandwich.

Should you need 6-8 sandwiches and you don't keep precooked bacon in the fridge, two griddles work well. I don't have two, so I wash in between bacon and turkey warming.

It's always too much to think that my family will eat a meal prepared the same way for everyone. I don't cater, but I am willing to omit steps along the way, if possible, to make it more to your liking. Did you know that this can result in 6 different sandwiches? It would have been even more confusing if we had actually had rye bread.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I took a picture of a turkey treat I made for myself a few months ago and I cant find it! (I was planning on blogging about the virtues of the "Turkey Treat" but you beat me to it)

Yummy, either way. I go for some L&T on it as well.

Mon May 21, 07:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home