Monday, June 19, 2006


Megan emerged from the basement this afternoon carrying a video recording of Dumbo. I don't think that she has ever watched it but since it is being re-released, she knows what it is. I told her it would be OK if she watched it and then put it on for her. When it was over I asked her to wait for a minute so I could rewind it before she returned it to it's proper home. She looks at me and in all sincerity asks, "What is rewind?" Wow! Is she so young that she doesn't understand VHS? Apparently. She is a TIVO/DVD kid.

We did it. We conquered the basketball hoop. It was a close call. It was REALLY hot the day it went up. And the final step called for 3 adults with 2 step ladders. We did it with 2 adults and one step ladder. I ended up with what I think were heat cramps by the time we finished. (A little information if a dangerous thing, but I needed Andy to understand that I did NOT have heat stroke!) Final height fully extended: 10' 1/4". Close enough for us! It makes the kids look small.

I'm completely baffled by Ellen's new routine. Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled with her initiative. She has taken it upon herself to unload the dishwasher every morning. Looks like she can stay for a little while longer. :)

The crib has exceeded it's useful life. It still works just fine and stands sturdy but it no longer contains Tim. He's tall enough to lean over and flip to the floor. I caught him just in time 10 days ago and I'm afraid to put him back in there. He's been sleeping in the pack-n-play since the incident. I just found a great fabric store online and ordered some material so I can make him a quilt and fix his room up for a young boy, not a baby. It's actually a 2 part project. I'm planning a quilt to fit the toddler bed but will add a border later so it fits a twin. The best thing about this fabric store is that they have an actual store front and it's in Illinois! It's about 3 hours away so I'll probably never go, but it's good to know that it's there if I need it.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home