Tuesday, June 06, 2006

An Evil Day


Sometime last week I realized the impending doom brought on by today's date, June 6, 2006, typically abbreviates 6/6/06, or said "6-6-6". I know I'm not the only one who notices numbers and plays with them, but I had no idea that today would erupt into such a media event.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/06/03/hell.party.ap/index.html

Since we're scheduled for a softball game tonight, I predict that our unfortunate event will be another thunderstorm to cancel the game. Despite overall beautiful weather, we haven't played in two weeks. Storms are in the forecast. We're hopeful that our misfortunes end there!

Being a numbers person, it never escaped my monthly attention that embedded in our Queensbury cable account number was a 666. I always found this rather apropos.


This seems to be a day designed for the pessimists amoung us. If you're more of a glass half full type person, you're safe for another hundred years. The other portion of you will note that this probably won't affect most of us again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home